Saturday, January 16, 2010

I am NOT doing this to be trendy.

I made tofu scramble this morning. I was SO proud of myself. A cook I am not, but I am slowly trying to get rid of that "not." Tomorrow I am going to whip up a green power smoothie, jungle monkey muffins, and mac & cheese (all vegan, of course). I am going to make this work, I swear.


Simple Scrambled Tofu

8 oz. firm or extra-firm tofu
2 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. turmeric or curry powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Lightly oil a large nonstick skillet and place it over medium heat.
2. Crumble tofu into the skillet using your fingers. Sprinkle nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric over tofu, and stir well with a spatula.
3. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from heat, season with salt and black pepper, and serve.

Yield: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment