Wednesday, January 20, 2010

although the picture only shows a few cookies, this recipe actually made, like, 47,098 cookies.

Okay... So I had my first vegan cooking disaster. Not DISASTER disaster, just not-that-great of a result. I followed the recipe, but I should have read the reviews before I decided to whip up these pumpkin oatmeal cookies. WAY too much oatmeal. And dry. I should have added oil or vegan butter or something. (I am giving these cookies a hard time-- I actually sort of like them in a "these taste really healthy" kind of way. They would also taste good crumbled up in soy yogurt or soy ice cream or, I dunno, soy carrot grass juice.)


Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

•1 cup canned pumpkin
•1 cup brown sugar
•1/3 cup applesauce
•3 cups oatmeal
•1 1/2 cups flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•1/2 tsp ginger
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp ground cloves
Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the pumpkin, sugar and applesauce.

In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then add to the pumpkin, mixing well.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment