Wednesday, May 4, 2011

laughter

Day 3: Laughing

If there's something I hate with my whole humorless soul, it is laughter. Psych so hard. Humor is one of the most important things in my life. Laughter has positive effects on one's physical and emotional health. It lowers blood pressure. It releases endorphins. It brings people together. Unfortunately, I know a few animal rights advocates that seem to neeever crack a smile. I am not here to place judgement or to think that I can even begin to understand why they are always so solemn, but I have a feeling that knowing how much misery animals go through each second of the day can weigh a person down. However, as Vegan's Daily Companion points out, "choosing to laugh doesn't undermine the serious work we have to do. It enables us to do it." Why yes, I agree.

So laugh. At least once in awhile. Make it a part of your daily routine. For example, read at least one Onion article a day. Watch a funny show. Talk to that friend of yours who can't help but make you laugh. Adding humor to your life will add to the quality of your life, I assure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment